Monday, November 2, 2015

Counting


 This poem is about HIV/AIDS and how it affects people. it also tells you how to help people understand HIV/AIDS and how to prevent it and to inform people of the dangers.

People are counting,
Down to their heart beat.
1...2...3...4
Don’t know if I have it
Do I?
  5...6...7...8
Why did know body tell me
He was up to no good
9...10...11...12
I am counting,
Down to my heart beat
Pray it won’t end,
13...14...15...16
Nobody knows
I won’t tell anybody
Please don’t judge me
17…18…19…20
Slut, stupid
I need to get tested
But I am scared,
Why?
20...21…22…23
Come into my room
“Miss I am sorry to say you are HIV/AIDS positive”
BEEEEEEEEEEEEP
 HIV/AIDS my life is over?
Will I be okay?
Should I tell someone?
I am going to tell everyone.
Help someone.
Make someone happy.
I am counting,
Down to my heart beat.
Down to a new life.
No more shame .
No more questions.
Just HIV/AIDS and me,
And the battle ahead.
NO MORE COUNTING FOR ME.

The purpose of this assignment was to portray how people with HIV/AIDS might feel like, if they found out  that they have Hiv, what they think about and go through. I learned that most of the people that I looked up that had Hiv and had interviews would say similar things about how they felt when they first found out they had Hiv.

MLA FORMAT AND URL\:
HIV in the United States: At A glance." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1 July 2015. Web. 2 Nov. 2015.
Scales, David. "UNAIDS and Algeria to Build Region's First HIV/AIDS Research Center | HealthMap." UNAIDS and Algeria to Build Region's First HIV/AIDS Research Center | HealthMap. David Scales, 21 May 2012. Web. 3 Nov. 2015.
Chapter 5 - Responding to Critical Issues: Gender and HIV/AIDS." Chapter 5 - Responding to Critical Issues: Gender and HIV/AIDS. Web. 3 Nov. 2015.






No comments:

Post a Comment